Planning submission

Posted on 10th November 2017

Helpful information on planning and building notice 


Warrington Building control


Full plans submission or building notice


Before you undertake any work that needs to comply with Building Regulations, you or your agent (this could be your builder or architect) should use this form to advise us either by submitting full plans for approval or through a building notice.

A full plans application must be submitted;

  • where the proposed building work is intended to be put to a designated use for the purpose of the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 (currently all premises are designated, except single private dwellings), or
  • where the proposed work is within 3 metres of a public sewer (we can check this for you if you're not sure), or
  • a new building is erected fronting onto a private street


A building notice can be submitted for most types of building work on single private dwellings.

Charges and how to pay

You may need to look at our charges to check what the application charge is.



If the works do not fit into any of the standard categories or fit into multiple categories you can ask us to look at the fees using the fees and charges online form.

Charges can be paid  over the telephone with a credit or debit card on 01925 442554.


For both a full plans submission and building notice you should notify us when you start the works so we can discuss when your first inspection is due.  To do this or to arrange an inspection you can use the inspection request form. Or call Warrington building control on 01925 442554. 

Completion of works 

When the work has been completed you should arrange for a final inspection.  If the work has been completed to a satisfactory standard we'll issue a completion certificate.  This certificate confirms that the works comply with the Building Regulations.  It's particularly useful when selling the property where the works have taken place.  There is no charge to issue the first copy of the certificate but if you lose your certificate you may be charged for a replacement.

Contact us Warrington Building control 

If you need further information of guidance please email or phone 01925 442554. We're open from 9am - 5pm Monday - Friday.


To use this form you will need to tell us:

  • Applicant name and address
  • Agent name and address (if applicable)
  • Location of work
  • Name and address of builder (if known)
  • Description of proposed works
  • Use of building
  • Type of building work
  • Clarification on whether this is a Full Plans submission or Building Notice


Begin your application  Warrington building control Page >>